Thursday, April 17, 2008

Howdy Folks!

Hello all! I'm just sitting back at our townhouse in VA enjoying some well earned Leave. It ends Sunday night and then it's back to the grind with the holding company, M Company at The Basic School (TBS).

We went to MN for a few days. It was a really good time but I ended up driving WAY more than I wanted to. Such is life. :) We had a get-together on my father's side of the family. Most of them haven't seen me in a decade or longer. I didn't really know them but that's why we had the little party. I was happy that my biological father could meet my wife finally. We'll see how that goes.

I'm deep into the triathlons again! Virginia has a triathlon circuit with a different triathlon each weekend. SWEET! Of course it'll be interesting to see how I perform after spending a week in the field and then going to run a tri. One of my buddies out here is a tri-geek as well so hopefully I can talk him into doing a few of them with me. I am going to a clinic this Sunday. I'm hoping it will be informative and fill in some dark spots in my tri knowledge. For those that don't know, I have quite a few of those dark spots!

I was going to buy the Trek Equinox 7, a triathlon specific bike, but decided we should probably wait till later to invest $2000 into a new bike. Instead I am paying $150 to give my bike a tune-up. It should carry me through TBS at the least. There's nothing wrong with my current road bike, a Specialized Alles, but it is a road bike and not a tri bike. I'm an expensive date too. :)

The next few days will be finalizing the house and getting everything in the correct place. BTW, our couches finally got here and we love them. Picture microfiber material that looks like leather. Best of both worlds. ^_^

Take care and God bless!

Mike~

No comments: