Thursday, December 6, 2007

500 Mile Club


So another two month gap in posts... What can I say? I'm a lazy bum. This is a photo I took for the 500 Mile Club. I actually eclipsed 500 miles a little over a month ago but just never went in for the photo.


They started a 'Superman Club' at the gym. You do a combination of bench press, squat, and deadlift one rep max (1RM). You add your 1RM's together to find out which category your picture goes under. I just hope I don't hurt myself!!!


Precious got hired at a hospital in NYC making excellent money. Do I have a problem with her making twice as much as me? HECK NO! :) I'm very proud of her for her accomplishments and view this job as a blessing from God.


Speaking of which, Josh just got a new job as well. I haven't heard much about it yet but I hope it's going well for you!


As long as I'm mentioning new career paths, congrats to Dax for graduating OCS! You got the run around with the package but it all worked out for the best brother. :) Hopefully I'll be seeing you in VA soon.


On a side note, has anyone ever looked at the Cross Fit videos? They are demo videos of a gym chain out in California. They are NUTS. They focus on Olympic lifts (i.e. power cleans, snatches, push press, etc) but they put them in circuits which they do numerous times without stopping. They go for a goal time and pit people against each other. They believe they get more out of you through competition than they do through the drill instructor mentality (come on you wimp, you can't even do 40 pullups?!?!).


I'll try to post more often, I promise! Take care and God bless.


Mike~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!

Been a while since I posted a comment, WOW!!! Well some due to OCS and just being lazy like you! Well thanks for the shoutout, It was a roller coaster to get in and while I was in. You will do better I am sure once you are in. Congrats to Precious on becoming a registered nurse, don't think I knew that before. And even more congrats on the new job!!! Things are looking on the up and up. Happy for you two, can say enough about what an awesome relationship you two have! Can't wait for you to return home so we can do what we do, hang at the movies or eating some big meal at the parents house! Only thing missing is some "24". Things are looking dim with this writers strike for "24" in January. Anyway, talk to later offline...

Dax

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.