Friday, August 24, 2007

Moving Right Along

So the deployment is continuing. I finished up my Grey Belt Course I was teaching. Everyone passed and had a good time so I consider it a success. Many of them desire to continue on with their Green Belt and that is another sign of success.

I haven't been running much. I just haven't felt like it. I'm still lifting weights and doing MMA though. I'm getting better on the ground and with my standup. I'm still hurting people though and that is not a good thing because it shows a lack of control.

I've been playing Final Fantasy I on my PSP (thanks mom!). Talk about a classic... 'They sure don't make'em like they used to!' :) This one has all new graffics, a magic points system (instead of only being able to cast each spell once, which was a DRAG!), and a bunch of new dungeons. Very well done if you ask me. I also have Final Fantasy II (Japanese number II) which I've never played before. Should be fun!

Next week I'm going to start up cardio on the days I'm not lifting weights or doing MMA. Then the following week I'll start doing cardio on the days I'm not lifting weights. I still can't wait to get back and hit the bike and pool though.

I hope everyone is doing well. I miss you all and God bless you!
Mike~

4 comments:

Joshua said...

I took a week off of cardio to rest my knees, and I feel like a bum. I ran yesterday just for something to do.

When school starts up again, I am going to try to swim three days a week. I really need to learn to swim if I am going to continue triathlon. I hear swimming is important ;P

I played FFI and II for the GBA, and I liked the graphics and dungeons. But the spell system, I thought, made the game too easy. The white mage can pretty much keep everyone alive all the time, which makes the game go faster, but takes away that human element, and the strategy that goes with choosing who you let die.

FFII has a cool advancement system you will like. Real free-form.

Joshua said...

I just re-read my post.

I'm a nerd.

MW said...

Yeah you are but that's why I love you. :)

Anonymous said...

I think both you "boys" are great!!!!!! Miss you
Mom