Saturday, July 28, 2007

I wouldn't call it quitting...

I am no longer training for the marathon in October. Was is too hard? No, the opposite actually. Was it too often? No, I'll still run almost every day. What was it then? BORING! That's what. A) no running partner B) not allowed to have on headphones while I run outside C) the base is only 6 miles around. Do you know how boring the same desert scenery is when you run 11 miles? Can you imagine how bad it would be at 20? And this is the same scenery I run every single day and I'm just talking about training. There's still the 26.2 mile race to do. Thanks, but I'll save the 4 plus laps around the base for another time.

I'll just run one when I get back. That way I can find a training partner (wish Josh would just grow a pair and tell Carly they are moving), wear my headphones if I want, and run in a different location every single time if I so desire.

So I'm going back to lifting real weights (no more light weight high reps) and high intensity cardio (between 3-6 miles). I like the way I feel when I'm doing that workout anyways. Coincidently I like the way I look better as well. :)

God Bless all!
Mike~

6 comments:

Unknown said...

funny :) so where would we move?
I don't blame you for getting bored - I'm not a runner but I can guarantee that the scenery and/or music would definitely be essential to my sanity.

MW said...

How about Hawaii? :)

Unknown said...

That is tempting :) I don't think you guys could convince me to go to NJ or NC though :) Josh did great at the tri this morning - you would be proud!

Joshua said...

I wish I had cool initials.

we aren't running the Kona, get it out of your head.

Hawaii would be nice, though, and I am sure I could open a bike shop.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mike!

Hilarious blog!!! Lol! I would love to be your partner but not going to happen, at least not in NC. I could use a partner myself for running and heavy lifting. Still waiting on a verdict on OCS. Next class is on September 23, 2007. We'll see? I am trying to convince Precious to send or let me pick up some of those delicious cookies. But you are the King Mike so I need clearance. Just a little bit, maybe she can make some extras :-) Hey I am going to try to make your homecoming if I can, of course if I am not in TBS, or some academy!

I missed that Winky v. B-Hop fight. Who won? I didn't even catch the replay. I was going for Winky even though like you said B-Hop is strong even at his age. Alright I will catch you later Mike. Be safe out there and I'll see you soon.

MW said...

Hey D-Nova! Once again, good luck with that. Just get that dang tatoo thing figured out and you're there I think.

B-Hop won a comfortable decision. He was just too big for Winky. I will say Winky fought harder against Bernard than he did against Taylor... Too small at that weight class though. He's agreed to go back to 160 but his real weight is still 154. 170 was too much for him.