Thursday, January 10, 2008

Preparing

Hello all! Once again it's been a while since my last post. In my defense I only had my laptop and it won't let me in Blogger (I even had my best friend's wife check it out and she's an IT guru). In any event, we lived out of the on base hotel for two weeks and had a rental car that whole time. Needless to say it was an expensive two plus weeks. But I am finally fully checked out and we are in NJ now. I'll be here until I head down to VA for OCS.

We broke down and bought the PS3. We knew we were going to get it but I was going to postpone the purchase until after OCS. I decided that the price isn't going to come down in two months so why not enjoy it for a while. We had an HD TV in our room so I got to experience some of what it can do. Pretty nice I must say. $500 nice? Well, you can't take it with you to the grave and our investments are going along nicely so why not? :)

I ran a PFT a couple days ago. I surprised myself with a 291. It's the exact same score I had before I left (another odd surprise). I have gained a few pounds living out of the hotel for two weeks that I need to drop. It's tough to get going with Precious around because all I feel like doing is snuggling on the sofa/bed. MUST FOCUS! :) I'll be alright though.

We bought a Magellan 4040 navigation system and it works like a charm. Of course there are certain short cuts we knew from having intimate knowledge of the area that the GPS didn't know about but all in all it is more than worth the money we spent on it. The in-laws are already thinking about getting one after having only seen it in action once.

Speaking of good investments, Precious and I are considering Lasik eye surgery. My biggest worry has always been about night vision going bad. Now that it has been around for a few years, I have talked to some people about it. The general consensus is that you have halo's at night for about 9-12 months. After that there is nothing. One guy even called it the best money he has ever spent on himself. Definitely something I'll seriously consider after TBS.

I hope everyone is doing well out there! I have the same cell phone number so drop me a line if you want. Take care and God bless.

Mike~

No comments: